Main Office: (515) 727-1860
Fax: (515) 727-1861
Welcome to the Iowa Region Sitting Volleyball site!
What is sitting volleyball?
- It is VOLLEYBALL! Just another discipline like Beach or Indoor.
Who can play?
- Able-bodied and those with a physical disability.
- Only the National Team pipeline requires a physical disability.
What are the major rule differences from Standing/Indoor?
- Court for sitting is smaller --10m x 6m with a 2m attack line
- Net is clearly lower than standing --1.5m for men, 1.05m for women
- Blocking or attacking a serve is legal
- A small portion of upper body (butt to shoulders) must be in contact with the ground when contacting the ball.
- Net violation is the top band only, unless other contact interferes with play.
Why Clubs should offer Sitting!
Sitting Volleyball Questions?
Contact our office: 515-727-1860